Who all have to seek enrollment
All existing dealers under Value Added Tax, Service tax, Central Excise, Entry tax, Entertainment tax, luxury tax need to get themselves enrolled on GST common portal in order to get their business transitioned to GST. Their won’t be any deemed enrollment for any one and all the dealers would have to go through the enrollment process mandatorily.
This is to ensure that the correct and true data will get updated in GST database because the data available with various tax authorities is incomplete in some form or the other.
Where and How to enroll
The enrollment can be done on GST database but before proceeding with that, the dealer would have to procure a temporary user ID and password from their present tax Authority (VAT, Service tax, Excise etc). Using that particular ID and password the dealer will be able to create and login to his account on GST portal and will submit all the details, as required.
Checklist before beginning with enrollment process
- Provisional ID and password (received from respective VAT, Service tax, excise department)
- Valid email ID that will be submitted
- Valid mobile no. that will be submitted
- Bank a/c number with bank’s IFSC code
- Other documents as mentioned in next point
Documents required to be submitted (in pdf or jpg and less than 1 mb in size)
- Partnership Deed (if partnership firm)
- Certificate of Registration (in cases other than partnership firm)
- Proof of appointment of authorized signatory
- Photograph of authorized signatory (in ,jpg and less than 100 kb in size)
- Opening page of bank passbook
- Statement containing bank a/c number, address of bank, address of account holder and few transaction details.